HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB HOCKEY
- Scored 53 goals with 40 assists in three years at Bernards High School
- Two-time North Jersey Group 2 First Team after being named to the second team her sophomore year
- Three-time All Somerset County First Team, All-Division First Team, and Skyland Conference First Team
- Earned the Scholar-Athlete distinction three times
- Played on the Irish U16 National Field Hockey team, earning her first national team cap against USA
- As a member of the Irish U16 team, played a three-game series against Scotland in Scotland as well as traveling to Spain to compete in the Six Nations Tournament
- Member of the Irish U15 girls soccer team from 2014-16, scoring the winning goal in a match against Northern Ireland
- Parents are Robin Hengerer and Mark Hengerer
- Her twin sister, Meghen, is also joining the Cavaliers
- Older sister, Kelsey, plays field hockey at Richmond, and will be a senior in 2020
- Lived in Galway, Ireland for over five years, moving to the United States for her sophomore year of high school
- Also played Gaelic football while living in Ireland
IN HER OWN WORDS
I choose Virginia because:
I choose Virginia because of the family feel the team had. Everyone was really close and it was something I really wanted to be a part of. The grounds are beautiful and I love every second when I am in Charlottesville.
What impact can I see myself making in the UVA community:
I can see myself adding a positive impact on the UVA community. I think that my optimistic personality can bring a lot of positivity. I also think that my competitive nature will push myself and others to be the best they can be.
Why do my teammates want me on their team during the most challenging situation or what I can offer the team in the most challenged good situation:
I am normally very calm in challenging situations, the pressure does not really get to me. I also work very hard and because I am competitive I will do anything and everything it takes to win.
What makes me laugh?
The Office and my family but I am an easy person to make laugh. I generally laugh at a lot of things.
FROM COACH MADISON
“Lilly can create opportunities for herself inside the attacking 25. She has the skills and strength to win the 1-on-1 battle. I can’t wait to see her game will explode in UVA’s attacking style. She will need to improve her explosive first three steps to create separation and learn how to apply high intensity pressure on the press.”