PRIOR TO VIRGINIA (VCU)
• Part of the VCU Atlantic 10 Championship team
• Tied for the team lead in wins, compiling a 6-4 record with the A-10’s fifth-lowest ERA (3.57).
• Threw 63.0 innings across 21 appearances out of the bullpen.
• Struck out 46 batters while walking just 14.
• Ranked fourth in the A-10 in Walks allowed per nine innings (2.00) and fifth in WHIP (1.21).
• Over his last 22.1 innings pitched went 2-0 with 1.40 ERA and 11 strikeouts.
• Pitched a total of six innings across two appearances in the Chapel Hill Regional including 3.2 innings of one-run baseball in 8-1 win over Georgia on June 4.
• Earned the win in his collegiate debut against Lafayette on Feb. 19, throwing three innings of relief without allowing an earned run, and collecting four strikeouts.
• Did not allow an earned run over his first eight collegiate innings pitched, a total of three appearances.
• Pitched in both meetings against Virginia. Charged with four runs and struck out three over 3.2 innings on April 19. Pitched three shutout innings, allowed two hits over three innings at Disharoon Park on May 4.
• Notched the win with four scoreless innings of relief in an 8-2 victory over Quinnipiac on March 18, striking out 5 with no walks, and allowing just one run.
• Collected his 4th win of the year, tossing 2.1 scoreless and hitless innings in a 7-0 victory at Dayton on April 29.
• Went 2-0 in 7.2 innings with a 0.00 ERA across two wins over Richmond in the A-10 Championship May 24-28
ABINGDON HIGH SCHOOL
• Won District championships in 2018, 2019 and 2021 along with Regional Championships in 2018, 2019, 2021.
• Abingdon was the state runner up in 2018 and 2021.
• Earned All-state, All-Region, All-District honors in his prep career.
• Times News Southwest Virginia Male Athlete of the Year.
• Also a member of the basketball team where he earned first team all state, first team all region, first team all conference honors.
• Was the school’s valedictorian in 2021.
• Son of Eric and Vicki Hungate
• Has two siblings Cade and Reece.
• Older brother Cade was the 2018 Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year and pitched at Florida State (2019-20) & Liberty (2021-22). Cade and Chase played against one another in March 15 meeting between VCU and Liberty, though neither saw action in the game.
• His father played college baseball at Radford and Old Dominion.
• Has yet to declare a major at UVA