Ethan O'Donnell Pronunciation
• Selected in the sixth round (168th overall) by the Cincinnati Reds in the 2023 MLB Draft.
• Became the second Cavalier ever to be listed on the nine-member ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove Team. Had a team-best six outfield assist and made only one error in 197 chances.
• First Team All-ACC selection as an outfielder.
• One of 12 Cavaliers on ACC Academic Team and included on the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Started all 65 games (64 in CF, 1 at DH)
• Batted .354 (90-for-254) with 71 runs scored, 18 doubles, 13 homers and 57 RBI. He led the Cavaliers and ranked eighth in the ACC with 18 stolen bases.
• Ranked in the top-10 in in the ACC in runs (7th), hits (8th) and total bases (8th).
• 71 runs scored in 2023 are tied for the third most ever by a Cavalier in a single-season and he became only the 10th player in UVA history with 90 hits in season.
• Ranked No. 15 on D1Baseball.com’s Top 50 Impact Transfers prior to the 2023 season.
Played 14 games in the Cape Cod league for the Harwich Mariners … UVA teammates Jake Gelof, Kyle Teel and Tommy Courtney along with former Cavalier Chris Newell also played for Harwich in the summer of 2022 although O’Donnell was not on the team at the same time as the other Cavaliers … batted .344 (21-for-61) with 12 runs scored, 6 doubles and 9 RBI … in two playoff games, went 5-for-10 with two runs scored, two doubles and two RBI …
PRIOR TO VIRGINIA
• Played two seasons at Northwestern, appeared in 80 games and batted .292 (87-for-298) with 29 doubles, 16 home runs and 54 RBI.
• Was a Second Team All-Big Ten selection as a sophomore and a Freshman All-Big Ten honoree in 2021.
• Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors his sophomore season
• Broke Northwestern’s single-season doubles record with 24 two-baggers in 2022.
• Had a breakout sophomore season where he started 46 of 51 games, batted .320 (58-for-181) with 46 runs scored, 24 doubles, 10 home runs and 39 RBI.
• Led the country with 0.51 doubles per game in 2022. His 24 doubles co-led the Big Ten and were tied for the 12th most in the country.
• His .619 slugging percentage as a sophomore ranked 10th-highest in the Big Ten.
• Named Big Ten Player of the Week on March 28, 2022 after posting a .524 on-base percentage and 1.333 slugging percentage, along with four home runs, four doubles, and 13 RBI in a four-game weekend against Southern Illinois and Butler (3/25-27/2022).
• Launched a grand slam on his birthday against Southern Illinois March 27, 2022.
• His six home runs as a freshman were second-most by any Big Ten first-year in 2021 and most by a Northwestern first-year since at least 2015.
• Homered in three consecutive games against Maryland and Iowa (4/24-4/26/2021).
REGIS JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
• Earned two varsity letters and helped Regis Jesuit to a 25-6 season and a state championship his junior year.
• Hit for a .388 average with 1.145 OPS in 2019.
• Continental League All-Conference Team and PBR All-State Team selection.
• 2019 Sunbelt Tournament All-Tournament Team selection.
• Invited to National High School Invitational at USA Baseball facility in Cary, N.C.
• Played in Futures Game at Coors Field.
• Played nine years with Slammers and Colorado Rockies Scout Team.
• Born Ethan Thaddeus O’Donnell on March 27, 2002.
• Parents are Brian and Brooke O’Donnell.
• Grandfather was a three-sport athlete at Nebraska.
• Has yet to declare a major at UVA