Jake Berry Pronunciation
• Appeared in six games as a true freshman, all came in relief
• Totaled six innings of work in six appearances. Allowed three runs and struck five batters while walking six.
• Made his collegiate debut on Feb. 20 against UConn
• Retired the final two batters of the eighth inning against Wake Forest on May 14 and combined with Andrew Abbott and Griff McGarry for the program’s seventh no-hitter. Worked around a walk and an error before striking out the final batter of the frame.
• Did not allow a run in his last four appearances, a total of five innings
• Listed on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
BISHOP O’CONNELL HIGH SCHOOL
• No. 1 ranked player in Virginia and the No. 4 ranked LHP in the nation according to Perfect Game
• Named a 2020 Perfect Game preseason All-American before his senior season was cut short by CoVID19
• A four-year letterwinner in baseball and also lettered three times in basketball at Bishop O’Connell
• Played travel baseball for the Richmond Braves 2015-2019 and was also a member of the Royals Scout Team in 2019 along with classmates Alex Greene and Avery Mabe
• Born in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
• Son of Alex and Nancy Berry
• Has an older brother Brandon who plays golf at Loyola Maryland
• His father Alex played college basketball for Menlo College while his grandfather Richard played both basketball and baseball at Northwestern
• Recipient of the 2021-2022 Charles R. Hooff, Jr. Endowed Baseball Scholarship
• Has yet to declare a major at UVA